Show me the money or where’s the beef? are some of the typical responses which you are likely hear from seasoned marketeers who are seeking proof that social media can deliver results for their business. The infographic below from the company Wishpond puts forward some hard numbers in terms of the various benefits to using social media. The data was collected by Wishpond from a Social Media Examiner study which looked at the top benefits achieved by social media activity by more than 3,000 marketers in 2013.
The main highlights include:
- More than half of marketers who have been using social media for more than 3 years say that it has helped them increase sales
- More than half of marketers with at least one year of social media experience were generating leads using these channels
- 62 percent of businesses with 10 or fewer employees agreed social media reduced marketing expenses
- 78 percent of participants found that website traffic increased with as little as 6 hours per week invested in social media marketing
- Overall, the percentage of marketers reporting improvements has increased in all categories since 2013