A week may be a long time in politics, but it seems that a day in the life of the Internet can be a pretty hectic and eventful one. For example, in a typical day on the Internet, approximately 140,000 websites are launched, 144 billion emails are sent and received and just over 60 hours of new video are uploaded to YouTube every single minute. Some other interesting statistics about a typical day in the life of the internet show that:
- 37.3% of the world’s population use the Internet.
- 8 new people start using the internet every second.
- Google Chrome is the top (37.1%) web browser used.
- Google is the most popular search engine with 88% market share.
- There is an average of 3.3 billion Google searches every day.
- Social Network users spend an average of 3.2 hours each day on SN sites.
- Approximately 175 million Tweets are sent every day.
- 133m hours of video are watched on YouTube every day.
For more information and statistics about an average day in the life of the internet checkout the infographic below: