1. Barack Obama’s victory Facebook post was the most liked photo on Facebook with over 4 million likes.
2. 25% of users on Facebook don’t bother with any kind of privacy control.
3. An average Facebook users has 130 friends.
4. Monthly active users now total nearly 850 million.
5. 21% of Facebook users are from Asia, which is only less than 4% of Asia’s population.
6. 488 million users regularly use Facebook mobile.
7. Brazil publishes the most number of posts out of all Facebook countries. More than 800 Pages kept their Facebook walls busy with almost 86 thousand posts per month.
8. 23% of Facebook’s users check their account 5 or more times daily.
9. Facebook hosts 42 million “Pages” with 10 or more likes.
10. More than 1 million websites have integrated with Facebook in various ways.
11. 85% of women are annoyed by their friends on Facebook.
12. Facebook has seen a 41% growth in active users from Russia, South Korea, Japan, India and Brazil during 2012.
13. 250 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every day.
14. As of 2012, 210,000 years of music have been played on Facebook.
15. Links about sex are shared 90% more than any other link.
16. As of 2012, 17 billion location-tagged posts and check-ins were logged.
17. 80% of social media users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook.
18. 43% of Facebook users are male, while 57% of Facebook users are female.
19. As of April, Zygna’s games revenue was 12% of Facebook’s total income.
20. A whopping 77% of B2C companies and 43% of B2B companies acquired customers from Facebook.
21. There are 175 million tweets sent from Twitter every day in 2012
22. The average Twitter user has tweeted 307 times.
23. Since the dawn of Twitter, there’s been a total of 163 billion tweets.
24. 56% of customer tweets to companies are being ignored.
25. Barack Obama’s victory tweet was the most retweeted tweet ever with over 800K retweets.
26. Top 3 countries on Twitter are the USA at 107 million, Brazil 33 million and Japan at nearly 30 million.
27. The average user follows (or is followed by) 51 people.
28. The 2012 election broke records with 31.7 million political tweets. Election Day was by far the most tweeted about event in US political history.
29. 32% of all Internet users are using Twitter.
30. Twitter is projected to make a total of $540 million in advertising revenue by 2014.
31. 69% of follows on Twitter are suggested by friends.
32. In 2012, 1 million accounts are added to Twitter everyday.
33. Lady Gaga has 31 million followers, which is the most followed account on Twitter.
34. The most followed brand on Twitter is YouTube with 19 million followers.
35. The USA’s 141.8 million accounts represents 27.4% of all Twitter users.
36. The “Castle in the Sky” TV screening was the busiest time on Twitter ever with 25,088 tweets per second.
37. 11 accounts are created every second on Twitter.
38. 50% of Twitter users are using the social network via mobile.
39. 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter.
40. 26% of retweets are incited by a request to retweet.
41. There are 575 likes and 81 comments by Instagram users every second.
42. Users uploaded more than 800,000 photos of Hurricane Sandy using the hashtag #Sandy.
43. In August 2012, Instagram hit 80 million users and counting.
44. In August 2012, Instagram had an average of 7.3 million daily active users.
45. The average Instagram user spent 257 minutes accessing the photo-sharing site via mobile device in August, while the average Twitter user over the same period spent 170 minutes viewing.
46. More than 5 million photos are uploaded to Instagram every day.
47. Nearly 4 billion photos have been shared on Instagram since its beginning.
48. 40% of brands have adopted Instagram for marketing.
49. Of the top brands, 20% surveyed had 10,000 or more followers.
50. In a six-month span, Instagram’s average daily mobile visitors jumped from 886,000 to 7.3 million, which is a 724% leap.
51. This year alone, Instagram users liked 78 million photos.
52. Instagram has 432,000 more daily users than Twitter in August 2012.
53. Users on Instagram spend 257 minutes using the app, as opposed to the 169.9 minutes spent on Twitter in August 2012.
54. The Android version received over 430,000 pre-registrations.
55. Instagram had 1 million downloads in a day when the Android app launched.
56. Instagram was one of the largest acquisition of a venture capital-backed consumer Web company since Zappos was bought by Amazon for $1.22B in 2009.
57. It took just 10 months for Instagram to reach the milestone of 150m pictures uploaded.
58. According to Followgram’s research, 37% of Instagram users have never uploaded a single photo and only 5% of users have more than 50 pictures.
59. The top 5 of the top 100 hash tags on Instagram are #love, #instagood, #me, #tbt and #cute.
60. Facebook’s billion dollar valuation of Instagram makes the less-than-two-year-old startup more valuable than 161-year-old The New York Times Company. The New York Times Company was valued at 946 million dollars based on yesterday’s closing price at the NYSE.
61. 97% of the fans of Pinterest’s Facebook page are women.
62. Over 80% of pins are repins.
63. 80% of Pinterest users are women, while 50% of all Pinterest users have children.
64. American users of Pinterest spend an average of 1 hour and 17 minutes on the site.
65. Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than visitors referred from non-social channels.
66. 28.1 % of Pinterest users have an annual household income of $100,000.
67. Total unique visitors to Pinterest increased by 2,702.2% since May 2011.
68. Users spend an average of 16 minutes on Pinterest a visit.
69. The average Pinterest user spends 98 minutes per month on the site, compared to 2.5 hours on Tumblr, and 7 hours on Facebook.
70. Pinterest pins with prices get 36% more likes than those without.
71. Pinterest hit 10 million U.S. monthly unique visitors faster than any independent site in history.
72. 83.9% of a pinners time is spent Pinning, while 15.5% is spent liking and 0.6% is spent leaving comments.
73. Out of 17 million brand engagements, 15% occurred on the brand’s boards and 85% occurred elsewhere on Pinterest.
74. 69% of online consumers who visit Pinterest have found an item they’ve bought or wanted to buy, compared with 40% of Facebook users.
75. Over 1/5 of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily, which represents more than 2 million members.
76. The most popular age group on Pinterest is 25 – 34 year olds.
77. 43% of people prefer Pinterest to associate with retailers or brands; 24% chose Facebook.
78. 9% of people have participated in contests or promotions via Pinterest, as opposed to the 30 percent that have on Facebook.
79. 25% of Fortune Global 100 companies have Pinterest accounts.
80. 57% of Pinterest users interact with food-related content, the #1 category of content.
81. The Google +1 button is used 5 billion times per day.
82. 48% of fortune global 100 companies are now on Google+.
83. Google+ pages appear in search results for 30% of brand term searches for brands with G+ pages, up from 5% in February 2012.
84. Only 8% of Americans 12+ have a Google+ profile page.
85. The automotive industry has 2.7MM circlers on Google+, compared to 1.9MM for electronics, and 1.3MM for luxury goods.
86. Total circlers of brand pages on Google+ increased by 138% between February and May 2012.
87. H&M has the most Google+ posts of any brand, with 740, compared to 571 for Google, 515 for Ferrari, and 460 for MTV.
88. 47% of Hispanic consumers use Google+, compared to the U.S. average of 18%.
89. 625,000 new users on Google+ every day.
90. 40% of marketers use Google+, 70% want to learn more about it and 67% plan on increasing Google+ activities.
91. 42% of worldwide Google+ users are single; 27% are married.
92. 68% of Google+ users are Male, while 32% of Google+ users are female.
93. Google+ active users spend over 60 minutes a day across Google products
94. Google+ users spend on average 12 minutes per day in the Google+.
95. Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button.
96. At least 60% of Google+ users log in daily.
97. At least 80% of Google+ users engage on a weekly basis.
98. Google+ cost $585 million and took 500 employees to build.
99. 30% of users who make a public post never make a second one.
100. Google+ is expected to attract 400 million users by the end of 2012.